Whenever you oil your bottom inner cylinder NOTE: the bottom cylinder is the part that contains both valves.
Whenever you oil the inner walls of that cylinder PLEASE USE THE SILICONE LUBRICATE CHEMPLEX 862 (available here).
Use your fingers to apply a thin layer of Chemplex 862 to ONLY the two black O rings.
Use motor oil on the inner walls of the bottom cylinder. You can easily get 10 years use out of your PopToss by oiling occasionally, using the silicone on the two O rings, and changing the air exhaust if it goes back (takes 2 minutes... after watching our Youtube video). And occasionally requesting a new spring and finally, only if absolutely necessary SWAPPING OUT A NEW TIMER VALVE to replace one that isn't working anymore.
You have a lifetime warranty, so YOU HAVE PopToss FOR LIFE.
- Remove the Water Weight Holder by sliding it to the right.
- Note that there is no wobble in the movement of your base. After making adjustments, please check to ensure there is no wobble or movement in the base.
- Turning the screws:
- Turning in a clockwise direction moves the screws to a shorter length. This will increase the tossing height of the softball to around 10 to 12 feet high on the pitch.
- Turning the screws in a counter -clockwise direction will lengthen the screws, making pitches lower, around 6 or 7 feet of height on your pitch.
- A lower pitch will mean more distance on your pitches and on windy days your PopToss will throw more good strikes.
- NOTE: Use pliers if the screws are stiff or difficult to turn by hand.
- Test your pitches until you achieve the desired results, then reassemble everything back to normal, making sure there is no wobble or movement in the base.
Locate the ball on the PopToss in a position where none of the threads on softball touch the Ball Striker upon impact. The ball striker should impact a smooth surface of the ball.